This Other Eden

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Post 141

Niu Year eve:

as usual as the past, first thing in the morning was to visit my grandma house for reunion lunch. every year with different dishes, my grandma is the best chef around, i wonder why my mum is so different from her, it basically a heaven and a hell...

later in the afternoon, next destination was my grandmother house, a long journey to Choa Chu Kang. usually people will start to gamble during the start of new year, but our family start to get a bit desperate for it and everyone opted for a game of blackjack. we used to have a rule that only 18 and above are allowed to play, but somehow 2 years back i broke the rule and now my cousin who is 3 years younger than me also started playing with us. haha

everyone year is always the same dishes, good or bad??? salted vegetable soup, fried prawn and another meatball soup. well, most of us love the salted vegetable soup except me, because it is too salty and sour? plus the most importantly, the yushen, huat ah!!!

after the reunion dinner back to gambling, wahahaha, once a year, everyone cant help it. largest bet was 10 bucks while the lowest was 50 cents, of course i will be playing small, my highest was only 3 bucks, i haven started working yet, 1 to 2 dollars sometime can kill me. in the end lost about 3bucks. phew, last year i lost more than twenty.

my family wanted to go chinatown for countdown, but after hearing the number of people at chinatown, we change our mind and headed home instead. haiz...

ciao,
niu year time

Posted by k€lvin at 5:38 AM